Colbie is 5 months old!!! Woa... where does the time go? Colbie, you are so sweet. You love giving hugs (you hug your Mama all the time!), you snuggle right in when I pick you up and put you on my shoulder. You shriek with excitement too! You are a great nurser. You eat at about 8am, 1130am, 330pm, 7pm, 11pm and about 5am. You occasionally wake up at 4am, but then go til 8am. There have been a few times you have made it from 11pm until 6am and even 8am. You are still exclusively bf and will be for another month or so. We will start cereal around 6 months at dinner first... then breakfast and dinner... and then breakfast, lunch and dinner! After a week of that we will start making food for you.
I am so excited to start that. I have a couple babyfood cookbooks (they are by Annabel Karmel and are so visually beautiful lol) and they have some interesting recipes in them. I don't know how much batch cooking I will do, but maybe a batch here and there. She will mostly eat what we eat (within reason and once she gets through the 1st try of things to make sure there are no reactions...) like when we have sweet potatoes, or any veggie really... and fruit and we will probably improvise here and there too. I am actually getting excited to make food and feed Colbie. Some of the things she is doing --
- - rolling back to belly
- - sleeping on belly 40% of the time
- - sucking on your first two fingers of your left hand (just like Bay and Daddy did)
- - taking 2 long naps and 1 short nap a day
- - going to bed at 8pm and getting up at 8am
- - napping at 10am, 2pm and 6pm
- - shrieking, kicking, smiling and getting excited
- - rolled from belly to back twice during naptime
- - batting at toys, putting toys in your mouth
- - you like to practice sitting up while we hold you
- - you love to stand and bounce
- - you still love your bouncer and pack-n-play to play
- - you take your vitamin in a bottle nipple
You are Mama's little sweetie. You love being held and watching your big brother and sister play and run around. You watch them so curisously. You also will sit in your bouncer and watch Mama cook in the kitchen. I look forward to the spring and summer... you will be so much fun!